St John's Court hosts festival to celebrate Open Week
To celebrate Care Home Open Week, St John’s Court proudly opened their grounds to some of the best local businesses Bromsgrove has to offer by co-hosting their first annual food, beverage and craft festival.
Care Home Open Week is a national event hosted by Championing Social Care and this year ran from 27th June to 3rd July.
Its purpose is to connect care and nursing homes with their local communities, challenge misconceptions about care and remind everyone that the unique individuals who live in care homes are supported by dedicated and professional caring teams.
On Thursday 30th, St John's Court's residents were treated to two live performances from Pan Maestro and a sensational ABBA tribute act as voted by the residents. The festival was also the opportunity for our residents to display the array of amazing crafts they have made these past few months.
Ben Line, Activities Lead for St John's Court said: "It was an honour to be joined by all of the local workers who dined with us on their lunch hour and redeemed their special 10 % off discount.
I would like to firstly express our deepest gratitude to all the businesses that supported our fantastic celebration. I would also like to reflect on all of the special memories we have made here at St John's Court over the years and remain committed to making many more".
List of businesses that joined our Care Home Open Week festival:
- Sidemoor Fish Bar & Pronto Pizza: sidemoor-bromsgrove.co.uk
- Bayleys of Bromsgrove: facebook.com/BayleysBromsgrove
- The Dry Spy: thedryspy.co.uk
- Purple Spider: purplespiderlearning.co.uk
- Super Whippy Ice Cream: super-whippy.co.uk
- Meadow Mill Bakery: facebook.com/Meadow-Mill-Bakery-109405534930818
- The Wellbeing Tree: the-wellbeing-tree.com
- Smelts by Annie: facebook.com/smeltsbyannie
- The Knitting Lady
- Shabs of The Works, Bromsgrove: theworks.co.uk/Store?storeId=0297