Housman Court - Laundry Assistant
Housman Court Care Home forms part of Amica Care Trust, Amica offers a range of friendly, welcoming and professional support services, including occasional day care, to assisted living providing the independence many of our resident’s desire, through to specialist dementia care for those in most need of our support.
Housman Court are recruiting for a part time, Laundry Assistant to join their team.
Day to Day:
- Working as part of the laundry team you will have a very important role within the home. You will be responsible for ensuring a personal laundry service is provided to all residents.
- Undertake laundry duties including operating laundry equipment. This involves collection, sorting, sluicing, machine and hand washing, drying, airing, ironing, storing, repair, and distribution.
- Observe safe hygienic practices, following health and safety and infection control guidelines.
- Previous experience is desirable but not essential as full training will be provided, however you will need to have high attention to detail, ability to follow and understand instructions and have a welcome and approachable working style.
- As with all our employees, you will be expected to work within our staff values and promote these at all times by being an effective communicator, passionate about your work, encouraging team working and having a positive attitude.
- Overall, you should have pride in your work.
Our managers are happy to welcome you into the home for an informal chat, alternatively if you wish to apply for this position please send through your CV.
Part-time hours: 24 per week