The Orchards - Lead Activities Co-ordinator
The Orchards Care Home forms part of Amica Care Trust, Amica offers a range of friendly, welcoming and professional support services, including occasional day care, to assisted living providing the independence many of our resident’s desire, through to specialist dementia care for those in most need of our support.
The Orchards are recruiting for a full time Lead Activities Co-ordinator to join their team.
As a Lead Activities Coordinator, you’ll help to create a stimulating environment that enables us to deliver exceptional all round care and support for our residents. Our activities team strive to celebrate our residents’ lives, this role is extremely rewarding, part of your time will be spent getting to know our residents and families in order to tailor activities programmes in order to maximise their wellbeing, independence and social engagement.
Day to day:
- As the Lead Activities Co-ordinator, you will have a wide ranging responsibilities from overseeing and delivering a range of stimulating activities to meet the needs of our residents to managing the team of activity co-ordinators.
- Liaising with residents and relatives to ensure a full understanding of the residents likes, interests and abilities.
- Supervising and managing the activities team to provide a range of outstanding activities
- 2 years’ experience of working in activities
- Must have had previous experience working in a care home environment
- Ability to manage and supervise others
- Great communication skills
- Hold the same values as the trust and promote these at all times by being an effective communicator, passionate about your work, encouraging team working and having a positive attitude.
If you like planning, creative and a great communicator then we would like to hear from you. Our managers are happy to welcome you into the home for an informal chat, alternatively if you wish to apply for this position please send through your CV.