Housman Court - Cook
Housman Court Care Home forms part of Amica Care Trust, Amica offers a range of friendly, welcoming and professional support services, including occasional day care, to assisted living providing the independence many of our resident’s desire, through to specialist dementia care for those in most need of our support.
Housman Court are recruiting for a part time Cook to join their team.
Day to Day:
- You will be responsible for ensuring the smooth day to day running of the kitchen and most importantly for producing food that is delicious as well as nutritious and attractively presented.
- You will be required to prepare and cook meals to meet the dietary requirements of our residents.
- You will keep track of stock and waste and ensure that the kitchen remains clean and tidy whilst operating within the budget.
- Overall you will need to have a real passion for food and complete commitment to customer service in order to provide the best service to our residents and families.
- Level 2 or 3 equivalent qualification in a kitchen and cookery and have previous experience of running a kitchen.
- Excellent staff management and communications skills.
- Expect you to work within our staff values and promote these at all times by being an effective communicator, passionate about your work, encouraging team working and having a positive attitude. As a senior member of the team you would be expected to act as a role model and always respect the dignity and preferences of our residents.
If you'd like to use your people skills in an organisation that provides the quality care you'd expect for your loved ones, our managers are happy to welcome you into the home for an informal chat, alternatively if you wish to apply for this position please send through your CV. We look forward to hearing from you.