The Orchards - Deputy Care Home Manager
Are you a Registered Nurse seeking a new challenge?
Do you thrive on inspiring others, through your leadership skills?
Are you looking for an opportunity, where you’ll make a difference to your employees and residents every single day?
If the answer is YES, then we would love to hear from you!
The Orchards Care Home forms part of Amica Care Trust, Amica offers a range of friendly, welcoming and professional support services, including occasional day care, to assisted living providing the independence many of our resident’s desire, through to specialist dementia care for those in most need of our support.
The Orchards is a lovely, modern home, based in beautiful Crewkerne. We are looking for a Deputy Home Manager to join the fantastic and supportive team on a permanent basis. This is a full-time position, 37.5 hours per week.
Day to Day:
- As a Deputy Manager of Crewkerne you will support the delivery of the quality care we are known for. You will work closely with the Home Manager and take on the Home Management duties in their absence.
- You will inspire and manage the team and make sure all our residents enjoy the best possible care and quality of life with us.
- You will liaise with the clinical lead, monitoring standards through regular audits, supervised clinical practice and checking compliance.
- Overall, you will set high standards and draw on your experiences and skill set to achieve the Home goal of achieving outstanding care.
- You will need to be a Registered Nurse with an active PIN for this role
- You would have had previous experience working as a deputy or a senior nurse and experience in caring for residents with different health needs, including advanced dementia.
- You will have experience in managing staff, safeguarding investigations and clinical risk assessments.
- You will be expected to work within our staff values and promote these at all times by being an effective communicator, passionate about your work, encouraging team working and having a positive attitude.
- Overall, as a Deputy Home Manager, you will be compassionate, an excellent communicator and determined to deliver quality care whilst inspiring your team around you.
In return for your commitment to providing the best care to our residents, you will be offered:
- A fantastic starting salary of circa £45,000.
- Excellent learning and development opportunities and regular free training.
- A competitive pension.
- An Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) providing a range of free and confidential services and advice for you and your family.
- Monthly employee recognition.
- A friendly and supportive working environment.
- A refer a friend bonus.
We are happy to welcome you into the home for an informal chat, alternatively if you wish to apply for this position please send through your CV.