Gatchell Oaks - Independent Living Manager
Amica Care Trust is a charitable organisation, which owns and operates four nursing and care homes across the UK. The Trust is also a freeholder to a number of independent living complexes.
We are seeking an Independent Living Manager to join our team at Gatchell Oaks and provide support to the residents of a complex of privately owned apartments and cottages alongside a beautiful Georgian House, set within picturesque private grounds in the village of Trull in Taunton.
This is a permanent, part time position of 30 hours per week (9.00am – 16.00), with a salary of £13.10 per hour, within a friendly and welcoming environment.
Day to Day:
- Enhancing resident’s quality of life enabling them to maintain their independence by being available to talk with them, promote choices, arranging appropriate help, support services and advice as necessary.
- Acting as the first point of contact for residents in relation to property maintenance
- To facilitate social interaction and arranging events, helping residents to have an optimum quality of life and overall wellbeing.
- Managing the communal areas, gardens and external buildings to provide a well maintained and safe environment and ensuring statutory compliance.
- As with all our employees, you will be expected to work within our staff values and promote these at all times by being an effective communicator, passionate about your work, encouraging team working and having a positive attitude. Overall, you should have pride in your work.
- Fantastic organisational skills.
- An excellent communicator.
- Empathetic, patient and a caring approach.
- The ability to think creatively.
- Experience of managing a small team, providing excellent customer service and support.
- The ability to stay calm under pressure.
- Experience within a customer service, hospitality or care environment.
- Understanding of the needs of older people.
- Ability to work on your own and as part of a team.
- An hourly salary of £13.10 per hour.
- Excellent learning and development opportunities and regular free training.
- A competitive pension.
- An Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) providing a range of free and confidential services and advice for you and your family, such as: wellbeing support, counselling sessions, legal advice and much more.
- A friendly and supportive working environment, in an idyllic setting.
- Social events.
If you'd like to use your people skills in an organisation that provides the quality care you'd expect for your loved ones, please send through your CV to apply for this position. We look forward to hearing from you.