Exmouth - Kitchen Assistant
Exmouth House Care Home forms part of Amica Care Trust, Amica offers a range of friendly, welcoming and professional support services, including occasional day care, to assisted living providing the independence many of our resident’s desire, through to specialist dementia care for those in most need of our support. We are one of the only Care Homes in Exmouth to have been awarded as Outstanding by the CQC!
We are recruiting for a Kitchen Assistant to join the team on a part-time basis.
Day to Day:
- Ensuring that the resident’s nutritional health and wellbeing are at the heart of everything you do.
- Assisting with the preparation and serving of meals to our residents, ensuring all special dietary needs are met and prepare texture modified food as directed.
- Maintaining records and control stock rotation, ensure the kitchen and service areas are clean and hygienic at all times.
- Experience in the catering industry is beneficial although not essential.
- Food handling course qualification would be desirable.
- You should have good judgement and problem solving abilities.
- You will be expected to work within our staff values and promote these at all times by being an effective communicator, passionate about your work, encouraging team working and having a positive attitude.
In return for your commitment to providing the best service to our residents, you will be offered:
- Up to a £1,000 welcome bonus for new permanent employees *
- An hourly salary of between £9.50- £9.75.
- Excellent learning and development opportunities and regular free training.
- A competitive pension.
- An Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) providing a range of free and confidential services and advice for you and your family.
- Monthly employee recognition.
- A friendly and supportive working environment.
- A refer a friend bonus.
*Bonus calculations will be based upon contracted hours.
We are happy to welcome you into the home for an informal chat, alternatively if you wish to apply for this position please send through your CV.