Housman Court - Senior Carer
Housman Court Residential Home forms part of Amica Care Trust, Amica offers a range of friendly, welcoming and professional support services, including occasional day care, to assisted living providing the independence many of our resident’s desire, through to specialist dementia care for those in most need of our support.
Housman Court are recruiting for a part time Senior Carer to join their team.
Day to Day:
- You will look after the different needs of our residents to enable us to deliver quality, person centred care and support, ensuring wishes and preferences are championed and maintained.
- Your role will involve supporting the Care Leader by having knowledge of the Trust’s Policies and Procedures. To ensure that all practices not upholding the Trust’s policies are communicated with the Care leader and management of the home.
- To support the Care leader with evaluations of care plans by reporting any changes in relation to the emotional, physical and physiological wellbeing of residents and any other changes in the overall support of residents.
- When required administer medication, adhering to the Trust’s medication policy and procedure.
- As with all our staff we expect you to work within our staff values and promote these at all times by being an effective communicator, passionate about your work, encouraging team working and having a positive attitude. As a senior member of the team you would be expected to act as a role model and always respect the dignity and preferences of our residents.
- Either completed or working towards an NVQ 3 in Health & Social Care.
- We will need you to have had previous experience working at a senior level before and have specific knowledge in caring for the elderly.
- We are looking for someone who has the same values as we do and committed to giving each resident individualised care and support.
20.25 hours per week
If you'd like to use your people skills in an organisation that provides the quality care you'd expect for your loved ones, our managers are happy to have an informal telephone call, alternatively if you wish to apply for this position please send through your CV. We look forward to hearing from you.