The Orchards - Deputy Care Home Manager
The Orchards Care Home forms part of Amica Care Trust, Amica offers a range of friendly, welcoming and professional support services, including occasional day care, to assisted living providing the independence many of our resident’s desire, through to specialist dementia care for those in most need of our support.
The Orchards in Crewkerne are looking to recruit a Deputy Care Home Manager. This is a full-time position, 37.5 hours per week.
Day to Day:
- As a Deputy Manager of The Orchards you will support the delivery of the quality care we are known for. You will work closely with the Home Manager and take on the Home Management duties in their absence.
- You will inspire and manage the team and make sure all our residents enjoy the best possible care and quality of life with us.
- You will liaise with the clinical lead, monitoring standards through regular audits, supervised clinical practise and checking compliance.
- Overall you will set high standards and draw on your experiences and skill set to achieve the Home goal of achieving outstanding.
- You would have had previous experience working as a deputy or a senior nurse and experience in caring for residents with different health needs, including advanced dementia.
- You will have experience in managing staff, safeguarding investigations and clinical risk assessments.
- You will be expected to work within our staff values and promote these at all times by being an effective communicator, passionate about your work, encouraging team working and having a positive attitude.
- Overall, you’ll be compassionate, excellent communicator and determined to deliver quality care whilst inspiring your team around you.
Our managers are happy to welcome you into the home for an informal chat, alternatively if you wish to apply for this position please send through your CV.