The Orchards - Activities Co-ordinator
The Orchards Care Home forms part of Amica Care Trust, Amica offers a range of friendly, welcoming and professional support services, including occasional day care, to assisted living providing the independence many of our resident’s desire, through to specialist dementia care for those in most need of our support.
The Orchards are recruiting for a part time Activities Co-ordinator to join their team.
Day to Day:
- As an activities Coordinator at The Orchards, you’ll help to create a stimulating environment that enables us to deliver exceptional all round care and support for our residents. Our care mission is to strive to provide exceptional care and support to people and their families, maintaining independence, creating special moments and fulfilling lives.
- Our activities team strive to celebrate our resident’s lives, so you will help to devise imaginative, fun and motivational activities that suit every interest and ability. This role is extremely rewarding, part of your time will be spent getting to know our residents and families in order for you to help create tailored activities programmes in order to maximise their wellbeing, independence and social engagement.
- Similar experiences would be advantageous, but we will support and guide you through a training programme to ensure you develop the skills required and in order for you to reach your full potential.
- Hold the same values as the trust and promote these at all times by being an effective communicator, passionate about your work, encouraging team working and having a positive attitude.
- You will need to have good organisational skills and have a creative approach to your work in order to inspire our residents and families.
If you like planning, creative and a great communicator then we would like to hear from you. our managers are happy to welcome you into the home for an informal chat, alternatively if you wish to apply for this position please send through your CV.
Part Time - 16 hours per week, alternate weekends and some evenings.