St. Johns Court - BANK Kitchen Assistant
Do you need flexibility in the days you work? Our bank contracts allow you to choose from available shifts while giving you the benefits of a consistent workplace and the opportunity to build relationships with our residents.
St. Johns Court Care Home forms part of Amica Care Trust, Amica offers a range of friendly, welcoming and professional support services, including occasional day care, to assisted living providing the independence many of our resident’s desire, through to specialist dementia care for those in most need of our support.
St. Johns Court are recruiting for a BANK Kitchen Assistant to join their team.
Day to Day:
- You will put the resident’s nutritional health and wellbeing at the heart of everything you do.
- You will assist with the preparation and serving of meals to our residents, ensuring all special dietary needs are met and prepare texture modified food as directed.
- You will maintain records and control stock rotation, ensure the kitchen and service areas are clean and hygienic at all times.
- Experience in the catering industry is beneficial although not essential.
- Food handling course qualification would be desirable.
- You should have good judgement, problem solving.
- You will be expected to work within our staff values and promote these at all times by being an effective communicator, passionate about your work, encouraging team working and having a positive attitude.
- Overall, you’ll be compassionate, excellent communicator and determined to deliver quality care whilst inspiring your team around you.
In return for your commitment to providing the best service to our residents, you will be offered excellent learning and development opportunities and regular training.
Our managers are happy to have an informal chat over the phone, alternatively if you wish to apply for this position please send through your CV.